|Home||Hours/Directions||Interment Search||Today's Interments||Unveilings||About Us|
Mount Judah Cemetery
Highland View Cemetery Corporation a/k/a Mount Judah Cemetery was incorporated in 1908. It took four years to map out the Cemetery and install the roads. The first burial took place on March 8, 1912. To date, approximiately 54,000 burials have taken place.
The cemetery is located on the Brooklyn/Queens borderline at exit 2 (Vermont Place and Cypress Avenue) off of the Jackie Robinson Parkway. The cemetery is approximiately 37 acres. About two-thirds of the cemetery and the office building are located on the south side of Cypress Avenue with the remaining one-third on the north side of Cypress Avenue.
Mount Judah Cemetery serves the Jewish community and acts in accordance with the New York State Not-For-Profit Corporation Laws.
Mount Judah Cemetery has approximately 295 different benevolent societies, family circles and congregation owned grounds. There are also private family plots and individually owned graves.
This is the final resting place of many great Rabbis and known persons: Lazar Rabinowitz, Abraham Pam, Jacob Kamenecki, Joseph Soloveitchik, Simchah Soloveitchik, Moses Soloveitchik, Solomon Heyman, Frieda (Miriam) Kagan and Andrew Goodman to name a few.
Mount Judah Cemetery is proud of the way the grounds are maintained. We are dedicated to providing a dignified resting place for your families loved one.
Societies at Mount Judah Cemetery
Click here to view a list of the societies at Mount Judah
Click here for printable image: Page 1 - Page 2
81-14 Cypress Avenue
Ridgewood, NY 11385
P.O. Box 860177
Ridgewood, NY 11386
|Copyright 2019 @ Mount Judah Cemetery Association, All Rights Reserved|